Bombed Out and artist news
Posted: 27th December 2003
Tagged: New Year / New Start
After much swapping, cancelling and other headaches we finally have a line-up sorted for this years January Bombed Out Fest. It's one hell of a testament to the current state of the scene that we could get such a great set of bands even after all this. Hell, maybe we should have made it a 3 day thing after all (maybe next year if these two days don't kill me!)
So... onto the line-up:
FRIDAY 23rd JANUARY
- The Horror - scene as f*ck thrash attack, ex-Voorhees/Imbalance etc.
- Pylon - Wakefield pop music at it's finest, expect a more acoustic flavoured set than usual.
- The Mercy Suite - their first gig with a new line-up, speedy melodic hardcore and ace
- The Wireless Stores - fine indie rock from ex-Bivouac front man
- Nathaniel Green - Matt and Rob's first gig in ages. they've been missed.
- The Mingers - fast and raw local punk rock
£3 entrance | 6pm doors.
SATURDAY 24th JANUARY
- Joe Ninety - their last ever gig. miss this and miss out. we'll be at the front!
- Fig. 4.0 - punk rock meets bandanna thrash from Leeds - with added Charlie!
- Kelly 8 - over from Sweden for this gig only. Burning Airlines meets Milemarker rock!
- Sunfactor - one of the last chances you'll get to see Nic and co's emo-rock thang.
- Four Letter Word - political uk punk stalwarts in rare Leeds appearance
- Blocko - they sound like all those Snuffy Smile bands that sound like early 90s UK bands.
- Eighty Six - new rock from old boots, new EP is rather good.
- Twofold - hard punk rock from soft southern types, with new DISCHORD flirtations
- Jets Vs Sharks - ace HWM/Refused styled hardcore from down south. aces!
- Radio Alice - ex-Ghumbie hardcore with ideas! in the vein of Born Against and Oil
- Homebrew - cider punk that you either love or hate. we love 'em!
- Chillerton - Against Me styled vocals, Leatherface styled riffs - you can't go wrong with that!
- The Dauntless Elite - all hail the new Fig. 4.0 / Joe Ninety super group! punk rock like The Broadways.
£6 entrance | 1pm doors.
The venue will be the usual - Joseph's Well in Leeds - you can find directions by following the link at the bottom of this page.
No weekend tickets as we can't be fussed with that headache, though we've tried to keep the prices low.
Hopefully we'll see you there!!!!
comments powered by Disqus