The Technique of Pushing Someone Forward
The Technique of Pushing Someone Forward is the new album from Sweden's Kelly 8.
For the uninitiated, Kelly 8 are a post-rock band in the truest sense of the phrase. This is a sound that harks back to those early 90's DISCHORD bands that broke new ground with every new record without forgetting how to write an unforgettable tune. On top of this you get Pia's fantastic vocals, a voice way more powerful, controlled and versatile than our scene deserves.
From the dark electronic intro to "Break a Habit" to the heavy punk drive of "The Carrier", the band break new ground while still retaining that unique as hell sound. Proper ace!
- Dead End
- Straight Through Me
- Break a Habit
- Minus One
- Moscow Time: Daylight
- The Carrier
- Here's to Nothing
- Summer Blonde
Recorded, mixed and produced by Carl Vikman and Kelly 8.
Pia Högberg - Vocals
Jacob Bergström - Drums
Joakim Berglund - Bass
Dan Åkhagen - Guitar
- Kelly 8 - The Union CD 2009 (Bombed Out Records)
- Kelly 8 - The Technique of Pushing Someone Forward CD 2004 (Bombed Out Records)
- Kelly 8 - The Competition 7" 2004 (Wreck It!)
- Kelly 8 - The Setup MCD 2002 (Bombed Out Records)
- Kelly 8 - The Technique of Pushing Someone Forward CD £6.00
- V/A - Emo Diaries Chapter 8: My Very Last Breath CD £6.00
- Various Artists - Bombed Out CDEP deal £25.00 £15.00
- Kelly 8 - The Technique of Pushing Someone Forward T-Shirt / Free 7" £5.00
- Various Artists - Bombed Out indie/rock CD deal £30.00 £20.00