Grey On White
Two new tracks from these increasingly prolific South Wales ‘Kids
Really a double A-side, Saturday’s Kids present a rerecording of one of their older songs, “Grey on White” (the original can be found on one of their long out-of-print early demos) along with new track “Black Pocket”.
“Grey on White” brings to mind the late 80’s/early 90’s drone of those fantastic Amphetamine Reptile and Touch And Go bands. All bass-driven nastiness which surprises by actually giving way to a rather melodic and slightly shoegazer-ish chorus - before the noise kicks back in again obviously.
‘Black Pocket’ follows this trend but comes across as the title track’s angrier, more skittish and generally less obedient younger sibling - again - taking it’s nods from the 90s alternative sound without being too referential to any one band. Basically, it’s a belter.
Once again released in collaboration with the excellent Art for Blind Records and Time As A Color Records.
- Grey On White
- Black Pocket
Recorded and mixed by Gethin Pearson in July 2011.
Sion Thomas - vocals & guitar
Rhys Briggs - vocals & bass
Jordan Everitt - guitar
David Sandford - drums
- Saturday's Kids - The Lunatic LP 2014 (Bombed Out Records)
- Saturday's Kids - Grey On White 7" 2012 (Bombed Out Records / Art For Blind / Barely Regal Records)
- Saturday's Kids - Saturday's Kids 10" 2011 (Bombed Out Records / Art For Blind / Time As A Color)
- Saturday's Kids / Kids Return - Split 10" 2011 (Art For Blind / sncl / Time As A Color)
- Saturday's Kids - s/t 7" 2010 (Art For Blind)
- Joanna Gruesome
- Évariste Galois